'Boardwalk Empire' Adds 'Sopranos' Mentor Dominic Chianese
The actor returns to HBO for six episodes of the period drama.
Dominic Chianese is trading one HBO crime drama for another.
As first reported by TV Guide, the actor who played Tony Soprano’s (James Gandolfini) mentor and surrogate father Junior on The Sopranos has booked a six-episode arc on the cable network’s Boardwalk Empire, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
On the Atlantic City period drama, Chianese will play Leander Whitlock, described as a contemporary of Dabney Coleman’s Commodore Louis Kaestner, Nucky’s (Steve Buscemi) mentor and predecessor in Atlantic City.
Veteran actor Chianese’s numerous credits include The Godfather: Part II and a seven-episode arc last season on Damages.
Season 2 of Boardwalk Empire premieres Sept. 25 on HBO.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera