Bob Costas Digs at NBC Executives on 'Conan' (Video)
The sportscaster, not shy about sharing his opinions, makes fun of the network for its coverage of the Olympics Closing Ceremony, among other things.
Bob Costas is the face of NBC Sports, but he's not afraid to poke the network in the eye a little bit.
The broadcaster appeared on Conan on Wednesday night, and while accepting praise for his job hosting the coverage of London 2012, he took a shot at the network's decision to interrupt the broadcast of the closing ceremonies to air one of its new comedy pilots.
"NBC decides at that moment, they should provide America with a sneak preview of Animal Practice, and then come back an hour later and check in on The Who," he said. "Animal practice is evidently a comedy, or at least we're hoping it is, that revolves around a veterinary practice, and one of the doctors is a chimpanzee."
Still, Costas couldn't help tredging up a little more NBC controversy, nodding at the Tonight Show saga that saw Conan O'Brien replaced by a returning Jay Leno.
"I'm sure you'd be the first to attest, Conan, when it comes to the tough calls, NBC usually gets them right," he said, prompting O'Brien to call him "the best guest ever."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR