Two Stars Departing ABC's 'Body of Proof'
John Carroll Lynch and Nicholas Bishop will not return for the upcoming third season of the ABC medical drama starring Dana Delany.
ABC's Body of Proof will return for a shortened third season without two of its regular stars.
Series regulars John Carroll Lynch and Nicholas Bishop, who have been with the show since it launched in 2011, have completed their time with the Dana Delany medical drama, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed, with the options on both actors not picked up for Season 3.
The series, which launched as a midseason show and went on to earn a 20-episode second run, last featured Bishop's investigator Peter Dunlop bleeding after being stabbed by an embalmer's hook following a fight. Lynch's Detective Bud Morris, meanwhile, was last seen celebrating at a baby shower with his wife.
The ABC Studios series is not a breakout word-of-mouth performer for the network but stands as its lone crime procedural, It was renewed in May for an abbreviated third season consisting of 13 episodes. Its Season 2 finale in April drew 10 million viewers and a 1.9 rating in the coveted adults 18-49 demographic.
The cast departures come as the network appears to be shedding stars from its returning bubble shows, with Private Practice original cast member Tim Daly's contract not picked up for the medical drama's upcoming sixth season.
TV Line first reported news of Lynch's departure.
Countdown to the Oscars
- Sandra Bullock to Make $70 Million (At Least) for 'Gravity'
- '12 Years a Slave': Solomon Northup's Descendants Gather for THR Photo Shoot, Reflect on His Legacy
- 20 Feet From Movie Stardom: The Overlooked Story of Hollywood's Greatest Extra
- Six Top Directors on Fighting With Studios, Firing Actors and Quitting Film School
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Jared Leto Is Stressed About His Potential Oscar Speech
- Maya Angelou Shares The Advice She'd Give Her Younger Self (VIDEO)
- Red Carpet Protesters Ask For Yearly Wages That Add Up To At Least One Oscar Gown
- Kristen Ellis-Henderson and Cathy Henderson of Antigone Rising Talk New EP Supporting LGBT Rights (AUDIO)