'Body of Proof' Opens Big for ABC
"Dancing with the Stars" propels the new Dana Delany drama past CBS’ "The Good Wife" and NBC’s "Parenthood."
Dancing With the Stars boosted ABC to the top of the ratings heap Tuesday night and also propelled new medical drama Body of Proof to a decisive win in the 10 p.m. time slot.
A Dancing recap hour at 8 p.m. averaged a 2.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 12.6 million viewers overall behind CBS’ NCIS, which won the time period with a 3.8 rating and 18.2 million viewers overall. But the Dancing with the Stars results show (4.2, 18.8 million) bested NCIS: Los Angeles (3.5, 15.2 million) in the 9 p.m. hour.
That gave Body of Proof (3.0, 13.8 million), which stars Dana Delany as a no-nonsense medical examiner, an easy win at 10 p.m. against a new episode of CBS’ The Good Wife, another female-centric drama. In fact, The Good Wife (1.9, 9.9 million) was down 10% for a series low tying NBC’s Parenthood (1.9, 4.7 million) in the demo.
For the night , NBC averaged a 2.3 rating with 6.3 million viewers behind ABC (3.3, 15.1 million) and CBS (3.1, 14.4 million).
Meanwhile, Univision (1.9, 4.5 million) bested Fox for the night with popular telenovelas Eva Luna and Triunfo Del Amor.
Fox stuck with reruns of Glee (1.4, 4.4 million) and Raising Hope (1.3, 3.5 million). And while a new episode of Traffic Light averaged only a 1.1 rating with 2.6 million viewers overall, it was still up 10% week-to-week.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack