'The Bold and the Beautiful' Snags Jacob Young from 'All My Children'
The actor will reprise his role on the CBS soap in September.
All My Children’s Jacob Young isn’t waiting to see what happens when the soap series jumps to the internet in September.
A CBS spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Young will reprise his role as Rick Forrester on September 26 – the Monday after AMC airs its final episode on ABC.
"When I started talking to B&B I didn't think it would happen so fast,” Young tells TV Guide Magazine, who reported his move first.
“But I guess it's good that way,” he continues. “I was looking forward to wrapping up AMC and having a bit of a hiatus, maybe a month or two to travel with my family. As it turns out, I'll probably have my AMC and B&B schedules overlapping and be shooting both shows at the same time. I'm like, 'You guys figure it out and point me in the right direction.'"
Young played Rick Forrester, a fashion exec, on the CBS daytime series from 1997 to 1999. The role has most recently been played by Kyle Lowder.
Young has played JR Chandler on AMC since 2003. He has also appeared on General Hospital and One Life to Live.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR