'Bon Qui Qui' Actress Joins NBC's 'About a Boy' Remake
Actress-comedian Anjelah N. Johnson has joined the comedy from "Parenthood" creator Jason Katims.
NBC's About a Boy has a "complicated order."
The network has tapped actress-comedian Anjelah N. Johnson to join the cast of its About a Boy adaptation, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Parenthood's Jason Katims will pen the pilot adaptation of Nick Hornby's novel and the film. The single-camera comedy follows the relationship between a bachelor man-child named Will (New Girl's David Walton) and the young boy named Marcus who moves in next-door with his crazy, single mother, Fiona (Good Will Hunting's Minnie Driver).
Johnson will play Laurie, the wife to Will's best friend, Andy. She's a well-meaning yet overbearing mother of three who's unaware she's pushy. Like Andy, she's frustrated by Will's childishness and upset by his reaction to being named their newest child's godparent.
Johnson is perhaps best known for playing Bon Qui Qui in the sketch series MadTV. On YouTube, the fast-food employee sketch has more than 60 million views. She is repped by Gersh, Generate and Lichter Grossman, and her credits also include Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR