'Bones' Adds Oscar-Nominated Actress as Season 9 Guest (Exclusive)
Shohreh Aghdashloo heads to the Fox drama, where she'll play the mother of recurring guest Pej Vahdat's Arastoo.
Cam (Tamara Taylor) will soon get acquainted with her boyfriend's parents on Bones. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the Fox drama is introducing Arastoo's (Pej Vahdat) mother in an upcoming episode.
Shohreh Aghdashloo, perhaps best known for her Oscar-nominated role in The House of Sand and Fog, will play Deena Vaziri. Eager to meet her son's longtime girlfriend, she comes to town with the intention of meeting the couple for dinner.
As is the case with so many meet-the-parents moments on TV, things do not go according to plan when Deena's persistent line of motherly questioning makes her son fear that they don't approve of the relationship.
Aghdashloo has enjoyed a string of TV gigs in the last several years. Recurring on both Grimm and The Mob Doctor, she's also appeared in an episode of Portlandia and NCIS.
Bones, produced by Twentieth Century Fox TV, was recently renewed for a tenth season. That will put it past the 200-episode mark.
Aghdashloo is repped by CAA and Round Table Entertainment.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)