'Bones' Books 'Gossip Girl' Star for Guest Spot (Exclusive)
Kelly Rutherford is set to appear in the current season of the Fox procedural, playing an old acquaintance of Hodgins (T.J. Thyne).
Kelly Rutherford is about to step into another wealthy role.
The Gossip Girl mom, who played the secretive Lily van der Woodsen for six seasons on the CW soap, has booked a gig in a very similar vein on Bones. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Rutherford will appear in an upcoming episode of the Fox procedural's ninth season.
Rutherford will play Stephanie McNamara, an old acquaintance of Hodgins (T.J. Thyne) who becomes embroiled in the Jeffersonian gang's latest murder investigation when her brother is brought in for interrogation. Like Hodgins, she hails from a wealthy family -- and while she's initially pleased to see him, the line of questioning soon derails the happy reunion.
Since her work on Gossip Girl, Rutherford has toplined the Lifetime Movie A Sister's Nightmare. She is repped by Paradigm and Luber Roklin Entertainment.
Bones, which does not have a scheduled air date for the episode, moves to Fridays on Nov. 15, where it will take up the 8 p.m. time slot.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR