'Bones' Likely Ending With Season 10
Fox chief Kevin Reilly says the network is currently negotiating a renewal for the long-running drama, which he expects to be its last.
If Bones comes back next season, it will probably be the last for the veteran drama.
Fox entertainment chief Kevin Reilly addressed his longest-running drama's fate Monday during the Television Critics Association winter press tour and was optimistic about it earning a 10th-season order in the coming months.
"We're negotiating on Bones for season 10, and I expect it will be back," said Reilly.
After his Q&A onstage, Reilly spoke with a gaggle of reporters and said that it was "likely" Bones will end with a 10th season.
Bones has been one of Fox's most dependable series over the last decade. Frequently moving time slots, the show has retained its audience and provided stability for the network's roster of current dramas.
The show moved again in late 2013, with Fox shifting it to Friday nights at 8 p.m. It has performed expectedly softer on the small night, but is still averaging a solid 2.4 rating among adults 18-49 and 8.6 million viewers -- season-to-date.
Fox is also still very much invested in series creator Hart Hanson. Just last week his Rainn Wilson vehicle Backstrom earned a series order at the network.
Bones, which stars David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel, is also executive produced by Stephen Nathan. Should a full season be ordered, it will put Bones over 200 episodes.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR