David Boreanaz Hints Endgame for 'Bones' After Season 8
The star of the veteran Fox series took to Twitter Wednesday night, noting that he would soon be "a free agent."
Though there are no official plans for the upcoming eighth season of Bones to be its last, series star David Boreanaz appears to be under the impression his Fox drama is on its way out.
Taking to Twitter Wednesday night, the actor alluded to the foreseeable end to the show.
"SDCC 2012 should be a blast and quite possibly the last for #Bones? Farewell tour? Look forward to seeing everyone there," he wrote, before clarifying a bit more. "Let's put this in sports terms. I'm a free agent after this season. So the Bones farewell [sic]l tour is in full-swing."
Bones was one of the first Fox series to receive a renewal order this spring. And though the drama's ratings are still high (averaging 9.26 million viewers during its recent season and regularly winning its Thursday timeslot among adults 18-49), its move to Mondays did cause some dips.
Speaking about the future of the series to The Hollywood Reporter in March, creator Hart Hanson said he could see it going further than eight.
"I'd like season 10," said Hanson. "After that, there would have to be another huge change in the series. But I can see through to season 10. Who knows if they want us that long or not."
Any word about a possible ninth season of Bones won't come for some time, and sources note the 20th Century Fox production is not currently planning to wrap up storylines.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR