'The Borgias' Alum to Direct Lifetime's Nicholas Sparks Pilot (Exclusive)
Jon Amiel will helm the two-hour backdoor pilot "Deliverance Creek" for the cable network.
Jon Amiel has boarded Lifetime's Nicholas Sparks pilot.
The Borgias alum has been tapped to direct the female-skewing cable network's Deliverance Creek, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The two-hour backdoor pilot is set at the end of the Civil War and follows Belle Barlowe as she faces uncertainty as she attempts to defend her family’s land by any means necessary. When the corrupt bank that runs their town pushes Belle into becoming an outlaw, the stakes become personal, setting off a chain of events that force her to question whether it's better to be good or to survive.
Melissa Carter (Jane by Design) will write and executive produce the Warner Horizon Television drama alongside Sparks and the author's longtime literary agent, Theresa Park, via their year-old production company, Nicholas Sparks Productions. Elise Henderson, head of TV at Nicholas Sparks Productions, is on board as a co-EP.
Amiel, whose TV credits also include ABC Family's Twisted pilot and The Tudors, will also receive an executive producer credit on the pilot. He's repped by Resolution and Echo Lake Management.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR