'Boy Meets World' Actor Rider Strong Is Engaged
The '90s "Tiger Beat" pinup proposed to Alexandra Barreto on Wednesday.
Rider Strong, whose poster adorned many 6th-grade lockers in the '90s, is engaged, his rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
The 33-year-old actor who played Cory Matthews' best friend Shawn Hunter in the popular ABC sitcom Boy Meets World popped the question to girlfriend Alexandra Barreto on Wednesday. "He proposed with a handmade gold ring he created himself," his publicist added.
Barreto, an actress, appeared in a Strong-directed TV commercial supporting Barack Obama in the 2008 election; the pair met two years before on the set of his short-lived WB dramedy Pepper Dennis, according to E! News, which has posted a photo of Barreto's diamond ring.
Last month, Strong shot down reports that he would reprise his Boy Meets World role in Girl Meets World, a spin-off of the comedy co-starring former castmates Ben Savage (Cory) and Danielle Fishel (Topanga).
"At this point, I have no official involvement in Girl Meets World," he wrote on his official website. "There might be a chance to see some of the BMW cast in a guest spot, and I think it would be nice to find out where our characters have been all these years."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR