'Boy Meets World' Follow-Up Series in Early Stages at Disney Channel
Executive producer Michael Jacobs, who was behind the original ABC comedy, is back at it.
Boy Meets World might be headed back to television.
Disney Channel is in early stages of development on a new original series centered on the daughter of golden couple Cory and Topanga, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Boy Meets World, the half-hour comedy that ran as part of ABC's "TGIF" block for seven seasons from 1993-2000, centered on the lessons learned by Cory Matthews as he goes through life starting as a young boy. By the time the series ended, Cory and Topanga married and began living together.
Ben Savage, Danielle Fishel and Rider Strong were among the main cast members on the show, which aired 158 episodes during its run.
Casting is under way on the project from Boy Meets World executive producer Michael Jacobs. There is no official word on whether Savage or Fishel, who portrayed Cory and Topanga, respectively, would return to reprise their roles should the follow-up make it to the pilot or series stage.
TVLine first reported the news.
In addition to Boy Meets World, Jacobs has produced TV shows My Two Dads and Charles in Charge.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!
- Lena Dunham & Allison Williams Are 'Girls' Jetting Out of LAX!