Brad Pitt Appears on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' for First Time (Video)
He talks about "Moneyball," the kids pressuring him to marry Angelina Jolie and compares his life to "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."
Brad Pitt makes his first in-studio appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Thursday.
When asked about what it's like having six children under 12, Pitt jokes, "Yeah… did you ever see the movie Cuckoo’s Nest?… That's morning time in our house. …Cheswick screaming for a cigarette, someone’s doing ballet over there and on it goes."
Says DeGeneres, "Portia [de Rossi] and I have been together for six years and you and Angie [Jolie] have been together about the same amount of time. I just think wow, Maddox and Pax and Zahra and Buff and Hensman and…Tito. There is so many of them. I don’t know how you balance? There’s got to be one really, really well behaved one. Who’s your favorite?"
Pitt dodged the question, laughing, "How do I get out of this one?"
DeGeneres then asked how he and Jolie eke the romance alive.
"We find our time. We carve out Mommy, Daddy time… It’s called a hotel," Pitt says. "You got to get out of this house. You got to leave."
Pitt has said that he and Jolie will wed once gay marriage is legalized.
"We live in this great country that is about freedom. It is defined by our freedom and equality and yet we allow this discrimination to go on everyday and that’s not what we’re about. That’s not what makes us great. Until that is reversed. I just don’t get it," Pitt tells DeGeneres before slipping into an Italian accent and adding, "It'a make'a no sense to me."
But if gay marriage were widely legalized next week, DeGeneres asks, would they wed the "very next day?"
"It seems," says Pitt.
"Doesn’t that seem like the right thing?" Asks DeGeneres.
"I do," says Pitt. "The kids are putting on the heat. They really are. They are putting on the heat."
"You’ll still hold out?" DeGeneres pushes.
Says Pitt: "How do you I get it out this one? Somebody help me. I don’t know what the future holds…"
Pitt's Moneyball opens Friday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack