Brad Pitt, Jon Stewart Joke About New 'Go Negative' Oscar-Winning Strategy (Video)
"Why not like, '"The Artist" - Go F--k Yourself'?" "The Daily Show" host joked of running a smear campaign with the "Moneyball" star, who's up for best actor at this year's Academy Awards.
In Moneyball, Brad Pitt's character challenged the old way of doing things in professional baseball.
For this year's Oscars, the actor would like to subvert the old system of voting for a winner -- and transform the awards show into a Survivor-like endurance contest.
"You know what I think they should do? I think we should just put a trophy on the table and like one of those card contests, and we should all just put our hands on it and see who can hold it the longest," he joked during an appearance on Wednesday's edition of The Daily Show With Jon Stewart.
The Comedy Central host loved the concept, saying: "That is the most awesome idea I've ever heard!"
Pitt is a best-actor nominee for his understated role as Billy Beane in the sports drama, and he's got some tough competition: Jean Dujardin (The Artist), Gary Goldman (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy), Demian Bichir (A Better Life), and, last but not least, his close friend George Clooney, who's nominated for the The Descendants.
"Why don't they go negative on other movies? The Oscar race is always 'For Your Consideration -- Moneyball,'" said Stewart, affecting a stuffy accent. "But why not like, 'The Artist -- Go F--k Yourself!' Why not go negative on this guy?"
Pitt seemed game to try Stewart's approach to advancing in the 2012 Academy Awards Campaign.
"I thought about it," he said. "Clooney took Iowa, New Hampshire. Jean took South Carolina. Florida will probably go to Oldman. I'm gonna be hanging out with Ron Paul so I gotta get in there and mix it up a bit I think."
Watch his interview below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack