Bravo Orders Relationship Docuseries 'Friends to Lovers' (Exclusive)
From "RuPaul's Drag Race" producers World of Wonder, the reality show follows several sets of friends transitioning from platonic to romantic relationships.
Bravo wants to be more than just friends with World of Wonder.
The cable network has ordered a new docuseries from the producers behind RuPaul's Drag Race. The Hollywood Reporter has learned the NBCUniversal channel has ordered Friends to Lovers to series. The one-hour reality show will follow sets of platonic friends who make the decision to start dating.
"Friends to Lovers is a guaranteed roller coaster ride that will make you cringe from awkwardness one second while having you believing in true love the next," said Bravo Media vp development Lara Spotts. "With real stakes, drama and romance, these couples' journeys will continue to keep our savvy viewers engaged and guessing whether these twosomes are meant to be lovers or to remain just friends."
Set to premiere later in 2014, the series is produced by World of Wonder, with Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato, Tom Campbell and Angela Berg on board as executive producers.
With multiple couples signing up to have their relationships caught on camera, the premise stresses that not every couple's romance will survive the season.
Something of a departure from the network's typical docuseries fare, Friends to Lovers comes on the heels of similar 2013 entry Newlyweds: The First Year. The series followed four different couples navigating their first year of marriage.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)