Bravo Orders 'Top Chef' Spinoff Featuring Former Contestants
"Top Chef Extreme" joins the cable network's culinary franchise in summer 2014.
Bravo has ordered another Top Chef spinoff.
The cable network announced Thursday that it has given the green light to Top Chef Extreme (working title), another extension of the food franchise, which will pit former contestants against one another, much as Top Chef's All-Stars season did. Top Chef Extreme joins previous spinoffs Top Chef Masters, Top Chef Just Desserts and Life After Top Chef.
Set for a summer 2014 premiere, the series will see familiar chef’testants from both the regular and Masters series face off in three rounds of competition in each episode. The winners will then compete against one another in the season finale.
The Top Chef franchise has been going strong on Bravo since 2006. And though recent seasons have seen ratings dips, the property continues to be a boon to the network. Branded tie-ins include a line of Healthy Choice frozen meals, cookware and multiple experiential marketing endeavors with the vast roster of talent.
Top Chef Extreme, like previous Top Chef series, is produced by Magical Elves. Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz are executive producers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game