'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Reunion Preview: 5 Reasons to Watch (Video)
Seasons collide on the Bravo special as the women's alliances have changed drastically.
There are several reasons why this season’s The Real Housewives of New Jersey reunion is a must-see for fans of the Bravo franchise. So many events that happened on-screen, off-screen, and on the upcoming season collide on the two-part special beginning Sunday at 10 p.m.
Here are 5 reasons fans shouldn’t miss the reunion.
1. Bravo’s experiment may have gotten the better of them. Never before has the network shot an upcoming season while the current season aired. I can see the advantages of capturing the momentum coming out of one season, but what we’ll see on the special will represent not only what has transpired before our eyes, but will reveal where the women stand on Season 4.
2. Jacqueline Laurita is a no-show. As The Hollywood Reporter reported previously, Jacqueline skipped out on the reunion. We’ve had housewives walk out in the middle of a reunion taping, but we’ve never had a housewife flat out refuse to show up. While in many ways I respect Jacqueline’s desire to avoid the drama, I will miss her honest, many times hilarious take on the topics at hand. Plus as any real fan knows, Jacqueline tends to see the good in others way past the point in which her cast mates have given up on someone. So, for her to be so angry that she refuses to show up for a taping? That’s something I would’ve liked to hear from her personally. It will be interesting to see how things go down without her.
3. Teresa Giudice stands alone. She’s usually doing the table flipping, but now the tables have turned on Teresa. While the cast members have been waging a very public battle with one another in the press and on Twitter, the turn against Teresa is a very last-minute storyline on the current season. So, what began as a few digs in Teresa’s new cookbook has apparently developed into a full-blown war on the upcoming season and we’ll see the fallout on the reunion special.
4. The return of Danielle Staub? While once the women were united in their hate against the former housewife, it seems her presence may still haunt them. Did Teresa’s sister-in-law and cast mate, Melissa Gorga, plot with Danielle somehow? She’ll answer to the charge.
5. Caroline’s family isn’t thick as thieves anymore. It’s probably the most famous line from the series next to Teresa's “prostitution whore.” Caroline places her family above all other relationships. But she’ll admit in the reunion special that her war with Teresa has affected her relationship with her sister and former cast mate, Dina Manzo. How did that happen?
Watch a couple juicy previews from the reunion below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro