Bravo Now Renting 'Top Chef' Contestants as Caterers
The cable network partners with food-centric startup Kitchit, a website that allows consumers to hire professional chefs to cater meals in their home, to pair former competitors with well-funded fans.
Top Chef fans eager to eat a meal from one of the reality series' culinary competitors are in luck. The Bravo show, which already boasts a handsome catalog of branded tie-ins, has inked a new deal that extends the Top Chef name to home catering.
The network has partnered with Kitchit, an online service that helps consumers book in-home dining, event catering and cooking lessons from reputable chefs. As a part of the deal with Bravo, Kitchit now will include more than 30 Top Chef alums to its roster of participating cooks in the markets it currently services: Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco.
Participating cheftestants include such well-known alums as Nyesha Arrington, Richard "Richie" Farina, Chris Crary and Marcel Vigneron.
“Our passionate Top Chef fans are always asking us for the chance to immerse themselves in the taste and feel of the show, and partnering with Kitchit is the perfect way to deliver on this request,” said Bravo and Oxygen Media's executive vp marketing, Ellen Stone. “As we did with Top Chef: The Tour and the Top Chef Kitchen pop-up restaurant in NYC, Bravo endeavors to give our loyal viewers an opportunity to experience a Top Chef dinner firsthand from the comfort of their own home.”
To promote this latest extension, Bravo is launching a contest to win a dinner party catered by Vigneron, Arrington and Crary on its official Twitter account. Kitchit also will be offering customers Top Chef-inspired menus through the end of the year.
Prices on the packages vary, depending on food and the size of the party, but all bookings include kitchen cleanup from the chefs. So for anyone still annoyed with Vigneron's attitude during season two or Top Chef: All Stars, you can now pay him to wash your dishes.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack