'Breaking Bad' Baddie Lands Major 'Community' Role
Jonathan Banks will appear in all but two episodes in season five.
Breaking Bad 's Jonathan Banks is heading to Grendale Community College.
Banks, who plays Mike Ehrmantraut on the critically acclaimed AMC drama, has landed a multi-episode arc on NBC's veteran comedy Community, The Hollywood Reporter confirms. He first appears in the second episode of the fifth season, and is expected to be in 11 episodes.
He will play the intense and New Jersey-born Professor Pat Nichols, who teaches criminology at the community college who has a mysterious career of traumatic military and police work under his belt. As EW first reported, in his first appearance, Annie (Alison Brie) joins Professor Nichols' class.
Fellow Breaking Bad alum Giancarlo Esposito previously guest-starred on Community as Gilbert Lawson.
Season five marks the return of previously ousted showrunner Dan Harmon back at the helm, with Donald Glover -- who is developing a music comedy at FX -- returning in a recurring capacity to accommodate his busy touring and music schedule.
Banks is repped by Domain Talent and Lovett Management. NBC has yet to slate a return date for Community's fifth season.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR