'Breaking Bad's' Vince Gilligan on Charlie Rose's Cameo: 'The Best Person We Could've Picked' (Video)
The creator of the AMC hit also shares his thoughts on spoiler alerts on "CBS This Morning."
Charlie Rose had a memorable cameo toward the end of Breaking Bad, as his interview with two characters on his eponymous PBS show set some of the final episode's events in motion.
On Rose's other show, CBS This Morning, Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan shared his thoughts on the legendary interviewer's performance.
"You were just fantastic," Gilligan said to Rose as co-hosts Gayle King and Norah O'Donnell looked on. "He was the best person we could've picked to play Charlie Rose."
The man behind the AMC hit also acknowledged that Breaking Bad was "lightning in a bottle," saying that he sometimes has to encourage himself to move on, even though what he does now might not be as great as that show was.
"I try to give myself that pep talk every day: 'It's OK. You can go on from here. It's likely never going to be as good as it was, but that's OK,' " he said.
Gilligan also weighed in on the issue of how long you have to refrain from divulging spoilers after a TV show has aired in an age in which people often wait to watch episodes.
He said he agreed with King, who argued that once a show airs you should be able to talk about what happened.
"I think you're right," Gilligan said. "It's a tricky world we're living in with binge-watching right now …because if it's in the public eye, and we're on talking about it, how do you not spoil things? If everyone's in a different spot, they just have to hear that I'm coming on and change the channel."
Breaking Bad late-comers, you've been warned.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)