'Breaking Bad' Composer to Score Fox's 'Wayward Pines' (Exclusive)
Dave Porter will create the music for the Matt Dillon-starring, M. Night Shyamalan-produced event series.
Breaking Bad composer Dave Porter has signed on to score Fox's new event series Wayward Pines.
Pines, based on the best-selling novel of the same name by Blake Crouch and executive produced by M. Night Shyamalan, will run for 10 episodes on Fox in 2014. The Twin Peaks-esque thriller stars Matt Dillon as a Secret Service agent investigating the disappearance of two federal agents in Wayward Pines, Idaho.
Pines was created and written by Chad Hodge, whose previous credits include The Playboy Club and Runaway. The series is produced by FX Productions and its executive-producer team includes Donald De Line, who worked on Green Lantern and The Italian Job, and After Earth's Ashwin Rajan. Shyamalan will direct the premiere episode.
Porter scored all 62 episodes of Breaking Bad, the final eight of which are airing now, with the series finale slated for Sept. 29.
Porter is represented by Maria Machado at the Gorfaine/Schwartz Agency.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws