Bryan Cranston Returning to 'How I Met Your Mother'
The "Breaking Bad" star returns to the CBS sitcom's final season to play Ted's (Josh Radnor) former boss Hammond Druthers.
Bryan Cranston has booked his post-Breaking Bad TV return. The actor is set to guest-star on How I Met Your Mother later this season, reprising the recurring character he last played in 2007.
CBS broke the news on Twitter Wednesday afternoon, accompanied by the hashtag "#BreakingMother."
Cranston has two episodes of How I Met Your Mother on his résumé, both of which he filmed in the brief period between Malcolm in the Middle and Breaking Bad. He'll again play Hammond Druthers, the loathed former boss of Ted's (Josh Radnor) who was later demoted.
With Breaking Bad long-wrapped and airing its series finale Sunday (Sept. 29), Cranston already has a big slate of upcoming film work with Godzilla and Cold Comes the Night -- but this will be his first TV role in the wake of his AMC series' end. Last year he appeared on an episode of 30 Rock.
The final season of How I Met Your Mother is leaving the door wide open for returning guest stars, with Wayne Brady and John Lithgow among those already announced to be making the trip back.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR