'Breaking Bad's' Betsy Brandt Joins Showtime's 'Masters of Sex' (Exclusive)
The "Michael J. Fox Show" alum will portray the new secretary to Michael Sheen's Dr. William Masters.
Showtime's Masters of Sex has enlisted a Breaking Bad favorite.
Betsy Brandt has boarded the second season of the Showtime drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Brandt will recur and play Barbara, new secretary to Dr. William Masters (Michael Sheen). She fills the role previously held by Margo Martindale's Miss Horchow, who guest-starred in the series premiere, and Caitlin Fitzgerald's Libby, who temporarily filled in as his secretary in season one.
The role marks Brandt's first gig after wrapping NBC's low-rated freshman comedy The Michael J. Fox Show, where she co-starred as Fox's wife. The series, which was pulled from the network's schedule with seven unaired episodes to go, has yet to be rescheduled. Worth noting: Showtime has also booked Brandt's Michael J. Fox co-star Wendell Pierce to guest-star in the second season of drama Ray Donovan.
Repped by Talent Works and Patty Woo Management, Brandt's credits also include Magic Mike.
Brandt joins Akeelah and the Bee's Keke Palmer, who also booked a recurring role on season two of Masters.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)