'Breaking Bad's' Bob Odenkirk, Glenn Howerton Join FX's 'Fargo'
Kate Walsh and Oliver Platt also join the Billy Bob Thornton series.
FX's Fargo reboot is filling out its cast.
Breaking Bad's Bob Odenkirk and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Glenn Howerton are the latest actors to join the 10-episode limited series, FX announced Friday.
Kate Walsh and Oliver Platt will also co-star opposite Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman and Colin Hanks.
Fargo is a limited series inspired by the Coen brothers' 1996 best picture nominee and will follow an all-new "true crime" story with a new case and characters all steeped in the humor, murder and "Minnesota nice" of the original.
Odenkirk will play Deputy Bill Olson, a Bemidji, Minn., deputy with seniority over his younger, smarter and more ambitious fellow deputy Molly Solverson (Allison Tolman).
Platt plays Stavros Milos, the Supermarket King of Minnesota, while Walsh plays Gina Hess, a former stripper and mother of teenaged twin boys. Howerton will play Don Chumph, an ambitious personal trainer.
Rounding out the cast are Joey King and Peter Breitmayer, Tom Musgrave, Josh Close, Russell Harvard and Adam Goldberg.
Production begins in November in Calgary, with the series being eyed for a spring 2014 debut.
Fargo, produced by FX Productions and MGM Television, is written by Noah Hawley, with Adam Bernstein directing the premiere. Executive producers are Hawley, Warren Littlefield, Joel and Ethan Coen and Geyer Kosinski.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR