'Breaking Bad's' Vince Gilligan to Guest on 'Community'
The creator of the critical darling will guest-star in a season-five episode.
Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan is heading to another Sony Pictures Television-produced series.
Gilligan will guest-star in an episode of NBC's Community, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. As first reported by EW, Gilligan will play a smooth-talking gold-digger who takes center stage in a dispute between Annie (Alison Brie) and Abed (Danny Pudi). The name of his character is being kept under wraps.
Community will return for its fifth season with back-to-back episodes on Thursday, Jan. 2, at 8 p.m. This season marks the return of series creator Dan Harmon, who will resume his position as showrunner.
The guest gig comes as Gilligan is prepping Breaking Bad spinoff Better Call Saul and CBS' straight-to-series drama Battle Creek.
He joins a long roster of guest stars set to appear in season five, including Breaking Bad's Jonathan Banks -- who booked an 11-episode arc -- as well as John Oliver, Walton Goggins, Nathan Fillion, Robert Patrick, Paget Brewster, Rob Corddry, Ben Folds and Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz, among others.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR