'Breakout Kings' Taps 'True Blood' Star for Guest Role
Kevin Alejandro will appear in an episode of the A&E drama's second season.
Kevin Alejandro is going from playing a good guy fighting vampires and witches on True Blood to a killing spree on A&E's Breakout Kings.
Alejandro has been tapped to guest star in an episode of the A&E drama's second season as Benecio Cruz, a tattooed, Latino religious obsessive, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The former True Blood star -- whose character, Jesus, was killed at the end of last season -- will appear in Episode 204 of the U.S. Marshal drama as a man dying from Stage 4 lung cancer who, having escaped from Sing Sing and fighting to maintain his sanity with the aid of a pain patch, attempts to atone from his past crimes.
In a very Dexter-like turn, Cruz goes on a killing spree as he tries to rid the world of its sinners who have thus far escaped all secular punishments for their known infamies with the federal marshals hot on his trail.
In addition to roles on True Blood and Southland, Alejandro's credits include Ugly Betty, Parenthood and ABC's upcoming Texas-set dramedy GCB.
A&E renewed Breakout Kings in July. Its second season will premiere next year.
He's repped by Gersh, Main Title Entertainment and Hansen Jacobson.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR