Brian Williams Reports on 'Girls' Baby Name Craze (Video)
The NBC anchor says Marnie has increased in popularity because of the character played by his daughter, Allison Williams.
Brian Williams played it straight as he reported on new rankings of popular baby names, one of which he undoubtedly found very familiar.
According to NameBerry, Marnie is a newly popular name for girls. Fan of the HBO show Girls will likely know the news anchor’s daughter, Allison Williams, plays Marnie on the show.
“The big activity is among girls. The folks at NameBerry say Marnie is suddenly hot because there is a character named Marnie on an HBO series,” Williams said Friday on NBC’s Nightly News.
Williams didn’t note the character was his daughter, but there seemed to be a slight twinkle in his eye as he reported the news. So, was this report the stolid news anchor's version of the humble brag or Williams' demonstrating he's the consummate professional by not explicitly mentioning his daughter?
Watch the video below and decide.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game