Fox's 'Broadchurch' Adaptation Finds Georgina Rylance's Replacement
British actress Sarah-Jane Potts has joined "Gracepoint."
Fox's Broadchurch adaptation Gracepoint has found a replacement for Georgina Rylance.
British actress Sarah-Jane Potts will now play attractive hotel owner Gemma, the role Rylance -- who recently exited the series -- was originally set to play, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The 10-part series, which In Treatment’s Dan Futterman and Anya Epstein have been tapped to run, follows the events and investigation that unfold in the sleepy seaside town of Gracepoint after the tragic and mysterious death of a young boy.
Potts joins a cast that includes David Tennant, who also stars in Broadchurch, Anna Gunn, Jacki Weaver, Nick Nolte and Michael Pena. Kevin Rankin, Virginia Kull, Jessica Lucas, Kevin Zegers, Madalyn Horcher, Stephen Louis Grush and Kendrick Sampson co-star.
Gracepoint, which began production in Vancouver in January, will debut during the 2014-15 season.
Potts starred in 2005's Kinky Boots opposite Chiwetel Ejiofor and Joel Edgerton, and she most recently appeared in TV's Holby City and Waterloo Road. She is repped by Pakula/King, Cole Kitchen Management, Precision and Meghan Schumacher.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR