The Lonely Island's Akiva Schaffer to Direct 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale (Exclusive)
He follows in the footsteps of cohort Jorma Taccone in stepping behind the camera on the Andy Samberg comedy.
The Lonely Island's Akiva Schaffer is heading to Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
Schaffer, one-third of the comedy trio that includes Andy Samberg and Jorma Taccone, will direct the season finale of the Golden Globe-winning freshman Fox comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Production on the finale, which airs March 25 at 9:30 p.m., begins next week.
The news of Schaffer's directing stint comes after The Lonely Island inked a multiyear comedy development pact with Fox in January and Taccone helmed Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Thanksgiving episode.
Repped by UTA and Mosaic, Schaffer is featured on The Lego Movie's "Everything Is Awesome" song as part of the trio and is behind memorable Saturday Night Live digital shorts like "Lazy Sunday" and "Dick in a Box." He has directed the features Hot Rod and Ben Stiller's The Watch and was an executive producer on MacGruber.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game