Bruce Greenwood Cast in ABC's 'The River'
Bruce Greenwood has joined the cast of ABC drama pilot, The River, from Paranormal Activity writer-director Oren Peli.
The drama centers on a group of friends and family members embarking on a search of a famed adventurer/TV personality who, with his crew, goes missing in the Amazon. Each member, however, has their own motivations for doing so.
Greenwood will play the role of Emmet Cole, joining previously cast Lone Star actress Eloise Mumford as Lena and Across the Universe's Joe Anderson as Lincoln.
Jason Blum and Steven Schneider are producing with Peli, Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. DreamWorks TV and ABC Studios are backing the project, which has Unknown director Jaume Collet-Sera lined up to helm the pilot.
Greenwood starred in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek reboot, Barney's Version and Meek's Cutoff. On the TV side, the veteran actor has recently appeared in John From Cincinnati. He has the features Cristiada and Donavan's Echo on tap.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR