Bruce Springsteen Rocks Fallon With 'Wrecking Ball,' 'We Take Care of Our Own' (Videos)
Jersey star performs tracks from his upcoming album on the late night show.
The Boss smashed open his special week with a wrecking ball.
To kick off Bruce Springsteen Week on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, the Rock n' Roll Hall of Famer and his E Street Band previewed two songs from their March 6-dated album, Wrecking Ball.
Released earlier in February, "We Take Care of Our Own" is a politically charged, populist tune, while "Wrecking Ball" is a call back to his roots in New Jersey. References to the Meadowlands and the Super Bowl champion Giants especially pleased the hometown crowd; those sounds from the audience at the end of the latter track are calls of "Bruce," not boos.
The E Street Band, which suffered the loss of longtime saxophone player Clarence Clemons last June, announced earlier in the month that Clemons' nephew Jake Clemons would share duties on the instrument when the group launches their new tour, which launches March 18 in Atlanta.
Springsteen will return to Fallon on Friday for what's being touted as an all-Bruce show, while Kenny Chesney and Elvis Costello will perform covers of his songs on Tuesday and Thursday, respectively.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game