Bryant Gumbel, Jane Pauley Set to Return to 'Today' Show
The former NBC anchors will reunite with Matt Lauer on Dec. 30.
Today is closing out 2013 with some familiar faces. Former anchors Bryant Gumbel and Jane Pauley will reunite on the NBC morning news show on Dec. 30.
The two longtime newscasters will join Matt Lauer at the Rockefeller Center studio to co-anchor the Monday morning broadcast,Today announced on Thursday. The reunion appears to be a one-off event as of now.
Gumbel left Today in 1997 after 15 years, and Pauley left in 1989 after 13 years. For her last seven years, Pauley was Gumbel's co-anchor.
Their onscreen reunion won't be their first, as Gumbel returned to the show for its 60th anniversary in January 2012, while Pauley regularly appears on Today for her monthly segment, "Life Reimagined Today," highlighting Americans over 50 who embark on new careers.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR