'Buffy' Alum Checking Into CW's 'Emily Owens' (Exclusive)
D.B. Woodside has booked a multiple-episode arc on the freshman drama starring Mamie Gummer.
The CW's Emily Owens, M.D., is adding a vampire slayer to its mix.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer alum D.B. Woodside has booked a multiple-episode arc on the freshman drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
On the medical drama starring Mamie Gummer as a new doc navigating the high school-like mindset of her first hospital job, Woodside will play Evan, the husband to Dr. Gina Bandari (Necar Zadegan), the doctor who inspires and intimidates all the interns.
Woodside, who played the former Sunnydale High principal on Buffy, most recently had a recurring role on NBC's Parenthood, playing a love interest for Joy Bryant's Jasmine. The casting marks a homecoming of sorts for Woodside, who also recurred on the CW's Hellcats. He’s repped by Buchwald/Fortitude, MJ Management and Hansen Jacobson.
Emily Owens airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. The rookie series, which has received an additional three-script order, is awaiting word on its future as the network has already given full-season orders to fellow first-year dramas Arrow and Beauty and the Beast.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR