'Burn Notice' Recruits 'Shield' Star for Season 6 (Exclusive)
Kenny Johnson, who most recently appeared in NBC drama "Prime Suspect," will play a world-class assassin in the midseason finale.
Burn Notice is about to get grittier.
The Shield's Kenny Johnson has booked a guest starring spot in an upcoming season six episode of USA Network's veteran spy drama as a world-class assassin, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Johnson, who also appeared in NBC series Prime Suspect, will play Tyler Gray in the pivotal midseason finale, "Desperate Times," slated to air Aug. 23. Described as a merciless, cunning and physically fit operative, his character is the target of a CIA snatch-and-grab operation in Panama. Tyler is cleared on five different guns, speaks multiple languages and is said to be as devious as he is deadly.
This is a big week for Burn Notice; series star Jeffrey Donovan declared on Twitter that Thursday's episode -- which features several game-changing developments for its core characters -- will "SHOCK THE WORLD!!!"
In addition to The Shield and Prime Suspect, the Paradigm-repped Johnson has appeared in CBS' The Mentalist, FX's Sons of Anarchy and TNT's Saving Grace.
Burn Notice airs 9 p.m. Thursdays on USA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'