BBC America Releases First Image of 'Burton and Taylor' (Photo)
Dominic West and Helena Bonham Carter bring their own take on the tumultuous Hollywood couple to the small screen this fall.
Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor's tragic romance will be relived once again in BBC America's Burton and Taylor — and the cable network has released the first image from the TV movie.
Starring Dominic West (The Hour) as Burton and Helena Bonham Carter (The Lone Ranger, The King's Speech) as Taylor, Burton and Taylor focuses on Hollywood's volatile on-again and off-again lovers against the backdrop of their appearance in the 1983 revival of the play Private Lives.
Burton and Taylor comes months after Lifetime debuted its own Burton and Taylor telepic, Liz & Dick, starring Lindsay Lohan and Grant Bowler. That effort debuted to tepid reviews (and 3.5 million viewers), with The Hollywood Reporter's chief TV critic Tim Goodman writing in his review, "It’s an instant classic of unintentional hilarity," suggesting that the movie was made for drinking games. "By the time Lohan is playing mid-’80s Taylor and it looks like a lost Saturday Night Live skit, your body may be cramped by convulsions," he writes.
Jessica Pope is executive producer of Burton and Taylor, with Lachlan McKinnon as producer. Richard Laxton directed.
Burton and Taylor premieres this fall on BBC America.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws