Cable Upfront Quiz: Show or Not a Show?
Test your knowledge with these five shows, three of which are real and two of which THR made up.
This story first appeared in the May 2 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
With networks as diverse as HLN, Pivot and Spike unveiling slates of new reality shows during cable's annual upfront season, even veteran TV industry experts need a cheat sheet to keep it all straight. Test your knowledge with these five shows, three of which are real and two of which THR made up.
Game of Crowns (BRAVO)
Logline: Six pageant wives compete on the "Mrs." circuit, obsessing over swimsuits and interview skills -- all while being dedicated mothers.
Grouchy Cat! (NAT GEO)
Logline: Ten feline owners hope to launch the next Grumpy Cat viral hit, complete with book deals and photo shoots.
Street Art Throwdown (OXYGEN)
Logline: Ten up-and-coming street artists compete for bragging rights and cash by out-painting one another.
Fat N' Furious (DISCOVERY)
Logline: Ohio car enthusiast Tommy Christmas and his family-run service bring left-for-dead cars to life.
Sweathog Sensei (TLC)
Logline: Texas animal wrangler Jimmy Lee uses martial arts to help train pigs and other livestock.
Key: 2 and 5 are fake
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)