'Carrie Diaries': New Trailer Spotlights '80s Nostalgia, More Footage (Video)
The footage debuted during The CW's farewell to "Gossip Girl" on Monday.
During Gossip Girl's final farewell, The CW used the two-hour event to heavily tout its upcoming Sex and the City prequel The Carrie Diaries, premiering new footage from the first episode -- all with an '80s touch.
Based on the novel by Candace Bushnell, the WBTV/Fake Empire-produced Carrie Diaries takes place in 1984, when life wasn't so easy for a young Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb).
In a new trailer that aired Monday evening, viewers saw more of the show's plot and the colorful cast of characters, including a new boy in town and a 20something magazine employee, all to the beat of the early '80s track "Goody Two Shoes" by Adam Ant.
Stefania Owen, Ellen Wong, Katie Findlay, Chloe Bridges, Austin Butler, Brendan Dooling, Freema Agyeman and Matt Letscher co-star in the hourlong drama. Executive producers include Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage, Len Goldstein, Amy B. Harris and Bushnell.
The Carrie Diaries debuts 8 p.m. Jan. 14 on The CW.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR