'The Carrie Diaries' Unveils First Look at Lindsey Gort as Samantha Jones (Photo)
The CW recently announced that the actress will take on the role made famous by Kim Cattrall on HBO's "Sex and the City" in the drama's second season.
Young Samantha Jones is ready for her close-up.
Just a few days after casting Lindsey Gort in the Sex and the City prequel, The Carrie Diaries has released the first image of the young actress channeling the role made famous by Kim Cattrall.
“In another nerve-wracking search to create the amazing characters we all came to know and love on Sex and the City, we went out in search this year for a young Samantha Jones," said ep Amy B. Harris. "Lindsey Gort walked into the room and owned the part. Funny and sexy with a whiff of vulnerability and an amazing dash of outrageousness, Lindsey is our exciting choice to play the young Samantha Jones.”
The Carrie Diaries, which returns for its sophomore run on Oct. 25, also put out its official character description for the counterpart to young Carrie (AnnaSophia Robb), calling her a "ballsy, beautiful and sexy young woman from the panhandle of Florida who has made her way -- and already a name for herself --- in the rock ’n’ roll scene of 1980s NYC."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)