Cate Blanchett Developing 'Cancer Vixen' at HBO
The actress would executive produce and star in the TV movie based on the book about a woman with breast cancer.
HBO is going into business with Cate Blanchett.
The premium cable network is teaming with the Oscar winner to adapt Marisa Acocella Marchetto's graphic novel/memoir Cancer Vixen: A True Story, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Marchetto, a cartoonist, was planning her wedding when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. The book tells the story of her 11-month battle with the disease.
Blanchett will executive produce and star in the project, which is in development via HBO Films. Maven Pictures' Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray (Girl Most Likely, The Bell Jar) are on board to executive produce and are meeting with writers to adapt the material.
Should the telepic move forward, it would mark the latest high-profile entry for HBO Films, which also produced awards-season favorites Game Change, Too Big to Fail, Cinema Verite, The Pacific and Temple Grandin.
Blanchett, who earned a supporting actress Oscar for The Aviator and nominations for Elizabeth: The Golden Age, I'm Not There and Notes on a Scandal, is repped by CAA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR