CBS to Air 'Hawaii Five-0' in Post-AFC Championship Slot
Seven previously unreleased Jimi Hendrix tracks will also be used in the episode, now airing Jan. 20.
CBS is slotting Hawaii Five-0 in the post-AFC Championship Game slot on Sunday, Jan. 20.
Normally airing 10 p.m. Mondays, the move marks the network's attempt at capitalizing on the high viewership potential following the NFL playoff game. Last year's Baltimore Ravens-New England Patriots AFC title game averaged more than 48 million viewers. This year, CBS slotted freshman series Elementary in the coveted post-Super Bowl time slot in early February.
The special Hawaii Five-0 episode, featuring guest star Lindsay Price, features Chin (Daniel Dae Kim) kidnapped and dropped in the middle of Halawa Prison dressed as an inmate. He must fight for his life to escape before the other prisoners recognize him as Five-0.
The episode will also feature seven never-before-heard Jimi Hendrix tracks -- "Bleeding Heart," "Mojo Man," "Hey Gypsy Boy," "Inside Out," "Crash Landing," "Hear My Train A Comin'" and "Somewhere" -- that will be released March 5 as part of new Hendrix album People, Hell and Angels.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)