CBS' Alix Jaffe to Head Greg Garcia's Production Company
The former vp current programs will reunite with Garcia after serving as an exec on "Yes, Dear."
CBS' Alix Jaffe has been tapped to head Greg Garcia's production company.
The executive, who since June 2004 had been vp current programs with the network, will oversee the prolific showrunner's Amigos de Garcia Productions unit and be responsible for current and future development beginning with his upcoming comedy The Millers.
"As a current executive on the show Yes, Dear, I was always impressed with Alix's contributions to the show, and over the years she has remained not only a good friend but someone whose opinion I have always sought out and valued,” Garcia said. “She’s incredibly smart and funny, and I consider myself very lucky to have her in this position.”
Garcia signed a four-year development deal with CBS Television Studios in May 2012. Under the pact, he saw two comedies go to pilot and one of them, Will Arnett starrer The Millers, go to series.
During her stint as vp current programs with CBS, Jaffe oversaw creative aspects for the network's new summer scripted hit Under the Dome as well as Blue Bloods, How I Met Your Mother and Rules of Engagement in addition to The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson.
Prior to that, Jaffe was director of current programs at CBS where since November 2000 she worked on the network's East Coast-based programs before relocating to L.A. in 2001. She first joined CBS in January 1994 as assistant manager in the network's promotion marketing department and played an important role in Survivor's inaugural marketing plan.
The Millers premieres Sept. 26 at 8:30 p.m. on CBS as part of its new four-comedy block.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram