Tom Hanks' New HBO Miniseries Blows the Lid off Pop-Tarts (Video)
The actor and producer gave David Letterman a first look at his next project.
Tom Hanks is tackling a new project for HBO. It’s a historical miniseries that he expects can live up to the level of drama he established with other projects for the network like Band of Brothers and The Pacific.
“I discovered this story a couple years ago,” Hanks says on Thursday’s Late Show with David Letterman on CBS. “And I thought no one has ever, ever said this. And I think it’s an amazing aspect of what daily life in America has become, because of this man.”
The series chronicles Bert Loomis, the creator of the amazing Pop-Tarts. OK, of course it’s a parody, but I love when celebrities can make fun of themselves and I love Pop-Tarts. Who doesn’t? Winning.
In reality, Hanks is back in business with the cable channel. He’s currently producing a college athlete comedy for HBO.
But for now, watch Hanks’ preview the parody project below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR