CBS Orders Drama Pilots from Chris Columbus, Nicholas Pileggi and Ilene Chaiken
CBS greenlights projects centered on cops, private investigators and other crime-solvers.
CBS has ordered to pilot dramas from Nicholas Pileggi, Chris Columbus and Ilene Chaiken.
The first, the untitled Ralph Lamb project, is a period piece set in the 1960s revolving around the true story of the former cowboy turned longtime Las Vegas sheriff.
Lamb, who served as sheriff from 1961 to 1979 helped form the Las Vegas Metro Police Department. He’s known for confronting the Mafia and Hell’s Angels, who in his 18-year legal career, never shot anyone. While often engaging in fistfights with crime personalities, Lamb grew up working on ranches.
From CBS Television Studios, GoodFellas scribe Pileggi and Without a Trace writer Greg Walker will pen the pilot and executive produce alongside Walk the Line's James Mangold, who will also direct. Cathy Konrad and Arthur Sarkissian will exec produce.
Second, the network will produce a pilot for Applebaum, an hourlong drama based on Ayelet Waldman's Mommy Track Mysteries series of books in which a former public defender becomes a private investigator to keep from being bored to death as a stay-at-home mom.
Columbus will executive produce and direct the project, alongside Jennifer Levin, Sherri Cooper and Waldlman, who will pen the script for the CBS Television Studios project.
Columbus (Stepmom, Mrs. Doubtfire, Home Alone), who recently inked a three for one deal with CBS, is also involved with the network's Rifleman.
Third, The L Word creator Chaiken will write and executive produce Quean, which revolves around an edgy and independent millennial hacker girl who teams with an Oakland police detective to solve crimes.
Joel Silver will executive produce the Warner Bros. Television project, which is one of two Chaiken has this development season. She had the female PI drama Hail Mary in contention at the network last pilot season.
Levin, Cooper and Columbus are all repped by WME.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack