'Dexter' Killer Tapped to Play Sherlock Holmes in CBS Pilot
Jonny Lee Miller, who starred on "Eli Stone," has landed the lead in the network's drama "Elementary."
CBS has found its Sherlock Holmes.
Former Dexter killer Jonny Lee Miller has landed the lead role in the network's drama pilot Elementary, described as a New York-set modern take on the cases of the famed detective, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The casting marks a return to series TV for Miller, who guest starred in eight episodes as a motivational speaker with a dark secret on Showtime's Dexter. The British actor (Trainspotting) starred on ABC's primetime soap Eli Stone and has two features in production: Dark Shadows and Byzantium.
Robert Doherty will write and executive produce the CBS TV Studios project, with CBS vet Sarah Timberman (A Gifted Man, Unforgettable) and Carl Beverly on board as executive producers.
Elementary is one of eight drama pilots in contention at CBS.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR