CBS Developing Crime Drama From 'Bones' Creator Hart Hanson
The network has given a pilot production commitment to the project based on the "Backstrom" books from Swedish criminologist Leif G.W. Persson.
Hart Hanson is at it again.
Not long after the Bones creator's spinoff The Finder was axed at Fox, the showrunner is developing Backstrom, an hourlong crime drama based on the books by Swedish criminologist/novelist Leif G.W. Persson, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
CBS has given a pilot production commitment to the project, which hails from 20th Television. Persson's series revolves around Evert Backstrom, an overweight and offensive detective who attempts to change his ways. Hanson will write and executive produce alongside the author and his Scandanivan literary agent Niclas Salomonsson.
For Hanson, the project comes as he readies the eighth season of Fox's Bones and months after the network canceled The Finder. Like Backstrom, Bones is partially based on the life and books by forensic anthropologist Kathy Reichs.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR