CBS Investigating 'Sherlock Holmes,' 'Mommy-Track Mysteries'
The network has ordered a script for the project based on the famed detective from “A Gifted Man” duo Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly.
CBS is shining its magnifying glass on Sherlock Holmes.
The network has ordered a script for a modern-day Sherlock Holmes drama from CBS Television Studios and Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly’s production shingle.
Timberman and Beverly, who have a pair of dramas launching next week on the network, are on board to executive produce alongside Rob Doherty, who will pen the script.
The project comes as Robert Downey Jr. is set to reprise his role as the famed detective in next month’s big screen sequel Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. Warner Bros.’ 2009 installment grossed more than $518 million worldwide.
The Arthur Conan Doyle series has history of small screen adaptations, the most recent coming last year with Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss’ Sherlock. Season 2 is set to bow next year on the PBS.
In addition, CBS has also ordered a script for Mommy-Track Mysteries, an adaptation of Ayelet Waldman’s book series about Juliet Applebaum, a stay-at-home mother-turned- private investigator. Waldman will pen the script with Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper set as nonwriting executive producers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR