'CBS This Morning' Ratings Up Slightly Compared to 'Early Show'
UPDATED: The broadcast, co-hosted by Gayle King and Charlie Rose, averages 2.7 million viewers for its first week on the air.
The debut of CBS This Morning with Gayle King and Charlie Rose was up slightly compared to the December average for the previous morning program, The Early Show. CBS This Morning averaged, 2.7 million viewers (with 1.1 million in news' target demographic of 25-54-year-olds) for the week ending Jan. 13, the program's first full week on the air. That marks a gain of 5 percent compared to the network’s average in December (excluding the holiday week).
The program featured interviews with GOP presidential hopefuls Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul as well as First Lady Michelle Obama responding to accusations made in a new book of tension with the president’s staff. King, a longtime friend of Mrs. Obama, had booked the interview well before the book, The Obamas by New York Times reporter Jodi Kantor, was released.
The fist week of CBS This Morning also featured interviews with Harvey Weinstein and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo star Rooney Mara.
Still, the also ran morning show was third among broadcast competition behind NBC's Today (5.5 million viewers, 2.4 million in the demo) and ABC's Good Morning America (4.8 million viewers, 2.8 million in the demo).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!