CBS News Eyeing 24-Hour Digital Video Service (Report)
The company would stream content that would be available on mobile devices, tablets and gaming consoles.
CBS News could soon be broadcasting 24 hours a day.
CBS' news and interactive divisions are working on a digital video service and are talking with distribution companies to carry the service, BuzzFeed reports. The service would stream content produced by CBS News'\ staff as well as from its archives The content would be available on tablets, smartphones, gaming consuls, TV distribution services such as Apple TV, and on video sharing websites such as YouTube.
Sources said the proposed service is being spearheaded by CBS News President David Rhodes, who reportedly sees it as something that would make up for CBS not having its own cable news network like competitors NBC and Fox. The service is still several months from launching at the earliest, according to the report.
CBS News did not immediately respond to request for comment.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)