CBS Orders Singles Comedy From 'That '70s Show' Duo
Married writing partners Jackie and Jeff Filgo will pen the script for "Save the Date."
CBS has picked up its sixth comedy pilot of the season.
Save the Date centers on newly single 35-year-old Kate, who drunkenly books a wedding venue and is now faced with the task of meeting the right man in the right time.
The ABC Studios/CBS Television Studios entry will be penned and executive produced by married writing duo Jackie and Jeff Filgo. Date will be shot as a hybrid comedy.
This marks the Filgos' latest comedy at CBS, where they previously developed multicamera entry Home Grown in 2011 and worked on CBS' Julia Louis-Dreyfus comedy The New Adventures of Old Christine. The duo's writing credits also include Men Behaving Badly, That '70s Show and Hank. On the feature side, their credits include Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Take Me Home Tonight.
Date is the Filgos' latest pilot order. Last year, the duo had British adaptation Spy set up at ABC. The couple had ABC's Prairie Dogs in 2012, Lost and Found at ABC in 2010 and Awkward Situations for Men, also at ABC.
At CBS, the network now has six comedy pilots, including Good Session, How I Met Your Dad, The McCarthys, Taxi-22 and the untitled Jim Gaffigan vehicle.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR